Ⅱ. 单项填空 （共15小题； 每小题1分, 共15分）
21. The two old sisters, ________ so long, held each other and burst into tears.
A. having been separated B. being separated
C. having separated D. had been separated
22. I will never know what he was writing at that time, nor will ________.
A. anyone B. anyone else C. no one D. no one else
23. Although he knew _______ little about ________ large amount of work done in the field, he succeeded where more well-informed experiments failed.
A. the； the B. the； a C. a； 不填 D. 不填； the
24. --Nothing wrong with it, ________
--No. Yours is a specially-built model. Drive carefully, though. It takes time for a new car to run smoothly.
A. is it B. has it C. are they D. is there
25. ________ that Marie was able to set up new branches elsewhere.
A. So successful her business was
B. So successful was her business
C. So her business was successful
D. So was her successful business
26. --You haven’t lost the ticket, have you
--_______. I know it’s not easy to get another one at the moment.
A. I hope not B. I hope so C. Yes, I have D. Yes, I am afraid not
27. It’s impossible for all the people to get jobs because ________ of them are not fit for them.