21. There is _____ “u” and _____ “s” in the word “use”.
A. a, an B. an, a C. an, an D. a, a
22. Green represents _____ and nature. When you feel weak, you can wear green.
A. sadness B. purity C. joy D. energy
23. To us, a miss is ___________a mile. We can’t afford to make any mistakes.
A.as good as B.as well as C.as many as D.as much as
24. He has failed in the maths test and looks sad. Let’s tell him some jokes to ________.
A. pick him up B. give him up C. cheer him up D. wake him up
25. What was the weather like yesterday It rained so ____ that people could ____ go out.
A. hardly； hard B. hardly； hardly C.hard； hardly D. hard； hard
26. Many friends _____ our age have the same problem.
A. in B. of C. with D. for
27 . ______Jim ______his cousin has been to America，so________ of them knows the country well.
A. Not only； but also； all B. Neither； nor ； neither
C. Both； and； both D. Either； or； none
28.---I think it’s impossible for us to work out the plan in just two days. It’s too difficult.
---You’re right. We can’t be _______ careful and hard while working on it.
A. so B. very C. too D. more
29. ---Hurry up, _____you will miss the school bus. ---I know that, Mum. I’ll be ready in a minute.
A. but B. and C. so D. or
30. He found ______ impossible _______ the work on time.
A. /, finish B. it, to finish C. that, to finish D. it is, to finish
31. His latest movie has won high ________from many people.
A. price B. prize C. praise D. practice
32. When something ______ you, come to me for help. Don’t keep the secret ________ yourself.