1. A. Thank you. B. Good night. C. Just kidding.
2. A. Be active. B. Open your eyes. C. OK. I will speak slowly.
3. A. An engineer. B. You bet. C. Nothing.
4. A. Nice idea. B. Here it is. C. I will miss you.
5. A. Not far from here. B. About 10 stops. C. At the third crossing.
6. ________ 7. ________ 8. ________
9. Which method does Jack prefer
A. Learning on his own.
B. Working in a group.
C. Studying with teachers’ help.
10. What is the girl’s grandpa like
A. Humorous. B. Brave. C. Strict.
11. What’s the matter with the woman’s daughter
A. She has a headache. B. She has a toothache. C. She has a stomachache.
12. Where does this conversation probably happen
A. In a bookshop. B. In a library. C. In a restaurant.
13. How does the woman encourage her children to read
A. She gives them prizes.
B. She reads along with them.
C. She lets them read by themselves.
14. Why does the boy always get good marks
A. He is just lucky. B. He knows how to study. C. Others help him.
15. How many things does the boy always do
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
16. What kind of place does the boy always study in
A. A noisy place. B. A crowded place. C. A quiet place.
17. How long does the boy study before a break
A. Sixty minutes. B. Thirty minutes. C. Twenty minutes.
18. Jane ____ A. graduate from school and say goodbye to each other
19. Mark ____ B. win the basketball match with teammates and score over 100 points
20. Julia ____ C. be thankful to her friends for having made her stay in China so wonderful
Interview about Dan
Get up at 5 o’clock and go to the 21
Swim from 6 o’clock to 22 o’clock
Go to the gym or go 23 to relax
Make many 24 who have the same interest
Not mean 25 reading only
Help to know the world and understand real life
In many places the weather changes during the year. These changes are called seasons. In the north and south there are four seasons in a year. At the North and South Pole, there are only two seasons. In tropical(热带) places near the Earth’s equator(赤道) , there are two seasons: a wet season and a dry season. Each season brings changes. They are important for plants and animals that live in different parts of the world.
Spring starts when the day and night are the same length. The weather gets warmer and sunnier. Trees and plants start to grow. Many animals have their babies in spring.
Summer begins on the longest day of the year. In the north this is on June 21 or 22. Summer is usually the warmest and sunniest time of the year. Fruit grows faster on trees and plants. Young animals grow bigger and stronger.
Autumn starts when the day and night are the same length again.
During autumn, the leaves change color and fall down from the trees.
Some animals collect food before winter comes.
Winter begins on the shortest day of the year. In the north this is on December 21 or 22. The weather is colder and in some places there is lots of snow. Plants and trees stop growing. Some animals, like bats and bears, find places to hide and sleep. This is called hibernation.
26. There are ________ seasons on Greenland(格陵兰岛) at the North Pole.
A. four B. three C. two D. one
27. Many animals ________ in spring.
A. have babies B. change color C. collect food D. stop growing
28. Fruit grows faster on trees and plants in ________.
A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
29. The meaning of the underlined word "hibernation" is ________ in Chinese.
A. 迁徙 B. 寒冷 C. 储藏 D. 冬眠
30. ________ start when the day and night are the same length.
A. Spring and summer B. Summer and autumn
C. Autumn and winter D. Spring and autumn
＞FROM THE EDITOR
Happy birthday to us! TIME magazine’s first issue(期刊) came out on March 3,1923. Sure, 96 isn’t the most special birthday, comparing with the 100th birthday. But we take every opportunity(机会) to celebrate. TIME for Kids came along just a little bit later, in 1995. Soon, we will have our 25th birthday!