Part A Reading Aloud
In this part, you are required to watch a video and read after the speaker in the video.
This is a story of an ordinary girl from Italy with a great dream. This is Marika Diana. She is a 17-year-old schoolgirl who dreams of racing cars. She is too young to have a normal driving licence, but she is already one of the fastest race-car drivers in Italy. She wants to be the first woman to win the national championships. Marika began racing when she was seven years old. Now she trains every day. Marika has a big race tomorrow. In this race, she will reach a speed of 220 kilometres an hour. It is dangerous, and Marika knows it.
Part B Role Play
In this part, you are required to act as a role and complete the following communicative tasks:
After watching the video and listening to the speaker, ask the speaker three questions and then answer five questions from the computer acting as another role.
Please get ready to ask three questions in English according to the following Chinese tips.
Please get ready to answer five questions in English.
Part C Retelling a Story
In this part, you are required to listen to a story twice, then retell the story in your own words.
Part A 略
W: Hey, Jim. How are you doing?
M: Hi, Sarah. I’m fine. I’ve just found a job. I’m going to work in a summer camp in Spain. What’s up with you? You look worried or something.
W: Well, I’m not worried exactly. It’s just that I’m thinking about what to do this summer and I’ve got a bit of a problem.
M: What’s up?
W: Well, you know, my uncle lives in New York. He has found me a job there, which is great. I really want to go, but I’m just not sure about the job.
(1) 学生问：What job has your uncle found for you?
录音答：My uncle has a friend named Amy. She has three children and she wants someone to look after them. I like working with kids. I’d say yes straight away. But I don’t think I’m patient enough to spend the holiday looking after three little kids. I’ve never done it before, so I just don’t know.
(2) 学生问：How much is she going to pay you?
录音答：Well, she said she’d pay for both my flights, there and back, and she’d give me $150 a week. And then if I stayed there, I wouldn’t have to pay for food or accommodation.
(3) 学生问：Is the job for the whole summer holiday?
录音答：No, just August. Only a month. The thing is, what would I do if I went and then found that I didn’t like it? Then she wouldn’t pay for my flight back and I wouldn’t have enough money to pay for the flight myself. I’m going to think about it a bit more.
(1) 录音问：What will Jim do in Spain?
学生答：Work in a summer camp.
(2) 录音问：Where does Sarah’s uncle live?
学生答：In New York.
(3) 录音问：What is the job Sarah’s uncle finds for her?
学生答：Looking after three children.
(4) 录音问：Who will pay for the flights if Sarah accepts the job?
学生答：Her uncle’s friend Amy.
(5) 录音问：How long will Sarah work if she accepts the job?
“Mommy, can we get some cupcakes for my birthday?” Norah asked me at the supermarket, so I picked up?some cupcakes (?https:?/??/?www.guideposts.org?/?faith-and-prayer?/?prayer-stories?/?power-of-prayer?/?unexpected-cupcake" \t "_blank?). Then I saw Norah waving excitedly. “Hi, old person! It’s my birthday today,” she said. An elderly man looked at us. Before I could explain that it wasn’t polite to call someone old man, the man had already said, “Hello, little lady.” We chatted briefly. Norah asked him, “Can I take a picture with you for?my birthday (?https:?/??/?www.guideposts.org?/?better-living?/?positive-living?/?positive-thinking?/?3-ways-to-have-a-positive-milestone-birthday" \t "_blank?)?” The man was surprised. He looked like he’d won first prize. I wondered why him? His hair looked messy. He was dressed in a dirty shirt,?jeans and sports shoes. I took a picture, thanked him and knew his name was Dan. He said, “This is the best day I’ve had in a long time.”
Back home I posted the photo on Facebook. Late that night I received a message from someone who knew Mr. Dan. She said his wife had?passed away months earlier. Norah and I made plans to visit him.
When we got to his house, I noticed his fresh haircut. He looked years younger. He told us he’d been a headmaster and also flown planes. We’ve visited Mr. Dan nearly every week since then. For Norah’s fifth birthday, we celebrated together.
Part A 略
Part B 略（见听说材料）
1. At the supermarket, I picked up?some cupcakes (?https:?/??/?www.guideposts.org?/?faith-and-prayer?/?prayer-stories?/?power-of-prayer?/?unexpected-cupcake" \t "_blank?) for Norah’s birthday.
2. I saw Norah waving excitedly and said, “Hi, old person! It’s my birthday today.”
3. Before I could explain that it wasn’t polite to call someone old man, the man had already greeted us.
4. Norah asked the man if she could take a picture with him.
5. I wondered why Norah had chosen him because his hair looked messy and he was dressed in a dirty shirt, jeans and sports shoes.
6. We took a picture and the man said that it was the best day he had had in a long time.
7. A woman who knew Mr. Dan told me that his wife had passed away months earlier.
8. Norah and I went to visit Mr. Dan and he looked years younger.
9. Mr. Dan told us he’d been a headmaster and also flown planes.
10. Norah and I visited Mr. Dan nearly every week and for Norah’s fifth birthday, we celebrated together.
21世纪教育网 www.21cnjy.com 精品试卷·第 2 页 （共 2 页）