Part A Reading Aloud
In this part, you are required to watch a video and read after the speaker in the video.
One popular kind of exercise in China is t’ai chi. Every morning, about 200 million people in China do t’ai chi. It is popular with women and men. T’ai chi is a good kind of exercise for old people. It is good for the body and for the mind. It is healthy and relaxing. T’ai chi is from China. It is hundreds of years old. T’ai chi is a “soft” martial art. That means “slow” and “calm”. There are also “hard” martial arts like Shaolin kung fu. Shaolin kung fu is over 1,500 years old. It is fast and dangerous. You have to be very fit and strong to do it.
Part B Role Play
In this part, you are required to act as a role and complete the following communicative tasks:
After watching the video and listening to the speaker, ask the speaker three questions and then answer five questions from the computer acting as another role.
Please get ready to ask three questions in English according to the following Chinese tips.
Please get ready to answer five questions in English.
Part C Retelling a Story
In this part, you are required to listen to a story twice, then retell the story in your own words.
关键词：view（观赏）couple（夫妇）blind（失明的）describe（描述）hand in hand（手拉手）
Part A 略
W: Hi Martin. Have you heard Danny’s new song? I love it!
M: Yeah, it’s great! My brother has already learnt to play it on the piano! I’m learning to play it in my guitar class.
W: Cool! I’ve got an old guitar at home, but I can’t play it!
M: You should learn, Alice! I love it! I go to classes in the Old Music School with Steve. We’re in the same class. Our teacher, Peter, is fantastic! He used to play with the group The Tall Trees.
(1) 学生问：When do you go to your classes?
录音答：I go on Tuesdays now, but I have to change to Thursdays next term because I’ve just passed the Level 5 exams. I spend an hour and sometimes two practising in my room and on Saturday mornings my band spends three hours practising. We’re called The Red Chillies! Actually, we’re playing in the town music festival on Saturday. I’ve got a free ticket. Do you want to come?
(2) 学生问：will the music festival be held at the music school?
录音答：No. Last year it was in the music school, but this year it will be in the park, near the shopping centre. It’s going to be great. My brother will bring his camera to take photos.
(3) 学生问：What time will you be on stage?
录音答：Well, I need to arrive at the park at quarter past six and there’s a singing competition at quarter past seven, but I think we’re starting at quarter to eight. We can have dinner in the Street Café afterwards.
(1) 录音问：What musical instrument can Martin’s brother play?
(2) 录音问：Which group did Martin’s teacher use to play with?
学生答：The Tall Trees.
(3) 录音问：When will Martin have guitar lessons next term?
(4) 录音问：Where will the town music festival be held this year?
学生答：In the park.
(5) 录音问：What activity starts at 7:15?
学生答：The singing competition.
One afternoon, I toured an art museum. When I viewed the paintings, a young couple ahead of me were chatting without stopping between themselves. I watched them a moment and found that the woman was doing all the talking. I thought her husband was patient for putting up with her. It was noisy, so I moved on.
I met them again when I was in the museum gift shop. “He’s a brave man.” a shop assistant said. “Most of us would give up if we were blinded at such a young age. But he didn’t want his life to change. So, as before, he and his wife come in whenever there’s a new art show.”
“But what does he get out of the art? He can’t see.” I asked.
“You are wrong. He sees a lot. More than you or I do. His wife describes each painting so he can see it in his head.”
I saw the love shared by two people as I watched this couple walk away hand in hand. I learned something about patience, courage and love that day.
Part A 略
Part B 略（见听说材料）
1. One afternoon, I viewed the paintings in an art museum.
2. A couple ahead of me were chatting all the time.
3. I watched them a moment and found the wife was doing all the talking.
4. I walked away because it was noisy.
5. I met the couple again in the museum shop.
6. The clerk said the husband was blinded but the couple still came to the art show as usual.
7. I asked what the husband could get out of the art.
8. The clerk said the husband saw a lot because his wife described the paintings.
9. I watched them walk away hand in hand.
10. I learned something about patience, courage and love that day.
21世纪教育网 www.21cnjy.com 精品试卷·第 2 页 （共 2 页）