Part A Reading Aloud
In this part, you are required to watch a video and read after the speaker in the video.
The northwest of the United States is an area with tall mountains and thick forests. The air is cold and there is a lot of snow — up to about 15 metres a year. And when it is windy, the snow becomes a blizzard. A blizzard is a snowstorm with very strong winds. A blizzard is very dangerous. A blizzard can last for three hours and it is very cold. The temperature falls to -12℃. Snow can be a problem for people, like the driver of this car. He has a good car but it becomes stuck in the thick snow.
Part B Role Play
In this part, you are required to act as a role and complete the following communicative tasks:
After watching the video and listening to the speaker, ask the speaker three questions and then answer five questions from the computer acting as another role.
Please get ready to ask three questions in English according to the following Chinese tips.
Please get ready to answer five questions in English.
Part C Retelling a Story
In this part, you are required to listen to a story twice, then retell the story in your own words.
关键词：happy（快乐的） share （分享）secret?（秘密）box （盒子）doll（玩偶）
Part A 略
W: Hello, Greg. What did you do on the weekend?
M: Oh, I went to a party on Saturday.
W: Whose party was it?
M: It was Joe’s. Do you know Joe, Mike’s brother?
W: Yeah, I know him. Why did he have a party? Was it his birthday?
M: No, he’d passed his driving test on Thursday so he decided to celebrate.
(1) 学生问：Where did he hold the party?
录音答：His parents have got a holiday house out in the country. So we went there. It was a good idea actually. There weren’t any problems with the music or anything because there were no neighbors close by.
(2) 学生问：How many people attended the party?
录音答：About fifty, I think, more or less. There were all of Joe’s friends and some of Mike’s too. I knew most of the people there. And I made a new friend when I was dancing. We’re going to meet up again next weekend.
(3) 学生问：Did you have a good time?
录音答：Yeah. Joe’s parents had made lots of food. It was nice. Sandwiches, pizzas, you know, the usual. The best thing about the party was the music. One of Mike’s friends is a really excellent DJ. He played some great music.
(1) 录音问：Who is Joe?
学生答：He’s Mike’s brother.
(2) 录音问：Why did Joe hold the party?
学生答：He’d passed his driving test so he decided to celebrate.
(3) 录音问：Where is Joe’s parents’ holiday house?
学生答：In the country.
(4) 录音问：When is Greg going to meet his new friend?
(5) 录音问：What did Greg think was the best part of the party?
A happy couple of over seventy years shared everything with each other. They never kept a secret?from each other except for one. The lady kept a shoe box under her bed and told her husband never to open it. For years they never talked about it but the husband sometimes used to wonder what was inside the box. One day the lady got very sick. She did not want to keep any secrets from her husband anymore and asked the husband to get the box. The husband opened the box and found two dolls made of cloth and some money worth $95,000.?The husband was curious. The lady said, “When we were to be married, my grandmother told me that the secret for a happy married life was to avoid argument. And if I ever get angry with you then I should keep quiet and just make a doll.” The old man was relieved to see that there were only two dolls in the box, which meant his wife had just been angry two times so far. Then he said, “But what about all the money in the box? She said, “That’s the money I made from selling all the other dolls.”
Part A 略
Part B 略（见听说材料）
1. A happy couple never kept a secret?from each other except for one.
2. The lady kept a shoe box under her bed and told her husband never to open it.
3. One day the lady got very sick.
4. The lady asked her husband to get the box.
5. The husband opened the box and found two dolls made of cloth and some money.?
6. The lady explained to her husband that when she got angry, she would keep quiet and make a doll.
7. The old man was relieved to see that there were only two dolls in the box.
8. The old man thought his wife had just been angry two times so far.
9. The old man asked his wife about the money in the box.
10. The lady said that was the money she made from selling all the other dolls.
21世纪教育网 www.21cnjy.com 精品试卷·第 2 页 （共 2 页）