1、Young people are often unhappy when they are with their parents. They say that their parents don't understand them. They often think their parents are too strict? 1 them. Parents often find 2 difficult to win their children's trust and they seem to 3 how they themselves felt when they were young. For example, young people like to do things without much 4 . It's one of their ways to show that they grow up and they can? 5 any difficult problems. Older people worry more easily. Most of them plan things ahead and don't like their plans to be changed. So when you want your parents to let you do? 6 , you will have better success if you ask before you really start doing it. Young people often make their parents angry by clothes they wear, the music they enjoy and something? 7 . But they don't mean to cause any trouble. They just feel that? 8 this way they can be cut off from the old people's world and they want to make a new culture of their own. And if their parents don't like their music or clothes or their way of speech, the young people feel very sad. Sometimes instead of going out with their parents, they just want to stay at home? 9 and do what they like. If you plan to do something, you'd better win your parents over and get them to understand you. 10 ， your parents will certainly let you do what you want to do.
1. A. on B. with?? C. in
2. A. it?? B. this? C. that
3. A. forgets B. remember? C. forget
4. A. thinking? B. speaking C. reading
5. A. know? B. find C. solve
6. A. anything? B. nothing C. something
7. A. else?? B. more C. old
8. A. by?? B. over? C. in
9. A. sadly? B. alone C. lonely
10. A. However? B. Or C. If so
2、Grandma called me in from the yard. “Would you please go to the store for me? I’m ready to makecakes, and there isn’t enough yeast (酵母). Take a quarter from my little change ____ .” I found Grandma’s wallet and put the quarter in my pocket.
I was soon in the little general store that ____ our farming community. “Mr. Jenkins,” I said, “Grandma needs some yeast.” Mr. Jenkins set three cakes of yeast on the counter. His eyes shone, and he _____ at me. “And what else do you need?” I knew what he meant. I was always allowed to pick a penny candy when I came to the store with Grandma. “How much _____ do I have from a quarter?” I asked. “Seven cents.” Mr. Jenkins replied. I thought _______that quickly. I would have a nickel and two pennies back.I was sure Grandma wouldn’t_______ if I spent one penny. and if she were here, she might even say I could have them both. The______ I looked at the candy display, the more certain I became that I needed two pennies’ worth as a reward for coming to the store alone. And I did so.
“Thank you,” Grandma said when I _____ the yeast on the table. “Did you put the change back in my wallet?” “Yes, Grandma.” I replied, hurrying out to the yard. “I hadn’t really lied to Grandma,” I argued with myself. “I did ____all the change I had.”
But I had ______two pennies without Grandma’s permission(允 许). The second piece of candy in my pocket didn’t sound like a good idea any more. I knew I had lied to Grandma, and I was ______about it. Grandma loved me so much that I couldn’t bear to keep anything from her.
____Grandma took the hot cakes from the oven, I told her about the candy. She______ when I finished my story. “I know just _____you feel,” she said. “We all feel like that when we’ve done_____ deceitful (欺 骗 的). I’m glad you told me about the pennies, and of course I’ll forgive you.” Grandma hugged me tight, and suddenly I felt as though a big stone was gone from my stomach.
1．A． handbag B． coat C． wallet D． pocket
2．A． gave B． served C． offered D． bought
3．A． laughed B． shouted C． smiled D． pointed
4．A． dollars B． pound C． cents D． change
5．A． as B． to C． out D． about
6．A． care B． use C． think D． like
7．A． bigger B． longer C． less D． shorter
8．A． lied B． laid C． lay D． lain
9．A． put back B． put in C． put out D． put up
10．A． found B． cost C． spent D． took
11．A． glad B． unhappy C． relaxed D． surprised
12．A． Since B． When C． If D． Though
13．A． shook B． refused C． agreed D． nodded
14．A． where B． why C． how D． when
15．A． something B． nothing C． anybody D． everybody
3、In China,safety education(安全教育）is becoming more and more important now.The last Monday in March is for students to learn it at school.It helps students learn more about?1?they should do to keep themselves safe.What are the?2?at school?Take a look.stampedes(踩踏),earthquakes and forces are the main accidents at school.
?? A?stampede always happens in?3?places. When students around you begin to push(推),just stand there and try to hold onto something.If you?4?in the crowd,move to one side and protect your head with your hands around.
?? When earthquakes happen,you can get??5? a desk quickly and hold on. It’ll protect you from failing things.If you are?6? , find a place away from buildings, trees, and power lines(电线).
?? When there’s a??7?, leave the classroom quickly. It’s better to put??8? over your mouth and nose.In this way,you won’t breathe in smoke.Many people die in a fire,not because of the fire but smoke.It makes them??9?and they can’t breathe.That’s very dangerous!??10?when you want to get out,you should make yourself close to the floor.Then you can breathe some fresh air.
(??? )1. A. how?? ????? B. why? ???????????? ?C. who???????????????? D. that
(??? )2. A. accidents? B.stories????? ???? C. questions ????????? D. reasons
(??? )3. A. busy? ?????? B. crowed? ?????? C.dirty?? ?????????????? D. Safe
(??? )4. A. get lost???? B. become mad? C. fall behind????? ? D. fall down
(??? )5. A. on???? ?????? B. behind????? ??? C. under???????????????? D. Near
(??? )6. A. outdoors?? B. indoors?? ???? C. surface???? ????????? D. Something
(??? )7. A. smoke????? B. fire?????????????? C. flood? ??????????????? D. drought
(??? )8. A. anything wet? ??????????????????? B. anything dry??????
????????? C.something wet???????????????????? D.something dry
(??? )9. A. cry??? ?????? B.cough ??????????? C. shout????????????????? D.run
(??? )10. A.But?? ?????? B. What?????? ???? C. Or??????????????????????D. So
4、Judy was a disabled (残疾的)girl. She had no arms when she was born, __1__ she had to do many things with her feet. There were many questions about whether she could live a normal life. However, her father had full confidence in__2__.With the support of her parents and family, she became confident in herself and continued to explore across the world，with her __3__.
As a child，Judy studied __4__ in her hometown. When the first performance arrived，she asked herself to be put in the __5__ row. Her dance teacher told her there was no back row Nervously，she appeared on the stage with the other students and performed __6__.When she finished，the applause (喝彩)from the audience gave her encouragement and the confidence to __7__ dancing for 14 years.
After she __8__ high school，she attended the University of Arizona，where she got a bachelor's degree___9__ Psychology (心理学)．When __10__ her degree，she explains that the way people think has a greater influence on her life than a physical limitation.
Now Judy works as a lecturer. She travels the world sharing her story and encouraging people to be creative and confident. She often says，“Think outside the shoes.”
( )1. A. and B. but
C. so D. or
( )2. A. them B. us
C. him D. her
( )3. A. feet B. arms
C. legs D. mouth
( )4. A. guitar B. song
C. art D. dance
( )5. A. front B. back
C. middle D. right
( )6. A. terribly B. simply
C. well D. badly
( )7. A. stop B. continue
C. start D. teach
( )8. A. dropped in B. sent for
C. left for D. graduated from
( )9. A. at B. in
C. with D. by
( )10. A. talking about B. talking with
C. talking to D. talking back
5、One Friday night, a poor young man stood at a gate of the railway station. He played his violin and many people put some 1.______ into the hat in front of him.
The next day, the young man came to the gate again, and put his hat on the ground. But different from 2.______ he always did in the past days, he took out a large piece of paper with some words on it and laid it on the ground. It said, “Last night, a lady named Mrs. Sang put an important thing into my hat 3.______ mistake. Please come for it.”
After about an hour, 4.______ middle?aged woman ran to the young man in a hurry and said, “You do come here. I know that you are an honest man and will certainly come here.” They had a talk and the young man made sure she was the 5.______ of the lottery(彩票). Then he took out the lottery ticket and gave it to the woman. Her husband bought a lottery ticket every day. Yesterday when she 6.______ the lottery he bought won, she was very happy. The 7.______ of the lottery ticket was 500, 000 dollars. When she walked past the young man, she took out 50 dollars and put it in the hat. 8.______， the lottery ticket was also thrown in.
Later, someone asked the young man, “You play the violin in the railway station every day. Why didn't you just take the prize of the lottery ticket for 9.______？” The young man said, “I don't have much money, but I live 10.______. But if I lose honesty, I won't be happy forever.
1. A. paper B. money C. tickets D. food
2. A. what B. who C. which D. where
3. A. in B. with C. by D. through
4. A. a B. an C. the D. /
5. A. role B. owner C. cover D. back
6. A. advised B. heard C. doubted D. decided
7. A. prize B. color C. size D. weight
8. A. Wherever B. Whoever C. However D. Whenever
9. A. myself B. yourself C. herself D. himself
10. A. lonely B. sadly C. badly D. happily
6、When learning new vocabulary, don’t just memorize a list of words. Instead, try to ___1___five sentences using each word. Then use the new word as often as you can ___2___day you learn it. This ___3___you will remember new words much longer.
Practicing sounds, you know, is ___4___ —the “th” sound for example. Choose words that begin ___5___ “th” and repeat them over and over again ___6___you are comfortable with them. Let’s try! This, that, those, them, think, thought, through, thin, thick…
Read, read, read—in English, of course! Reading is one of the best ways to increase your vocabulary ___7___improve your grammar in a natural and fun way. Be ___8___to choose topic or books you are interested in.
When someone is speaking in English, ____9____the main point. If you hear a word you don’t understand, ignore (忽略) it and go on listening. If you stop and think about the word, you will ___10___everything else the person is saying.
Always remember—Practice makes perfect.
( )1. A say B. make C. remember D. speak
( )2. A. the first B. the second C. each D. some
( )3. A. day B. time C. way D. word
( )4. A. difficult B. terrible C. funny D. easy
( )5. A. with B. from C. at D. in
( )6. A. when B. after C. until D. since
( )7. A. but B. so C. or D. and
( )8. A. quick B. sure C. important D. necessary
( )9. A. look for B. see C. listen for D. hear
( )10. A. miss B. guess C. get D. catch
7、It was a cold day in December in New York City. A little boy about 10 years old was standing in front of a shoe store on Green Street. He was 1 the windows, barefoot (赤脚的) and shivering (颤抖的) with cold. A lady walked to the boy and said, "My little boy， 2 are you doing?" "I am asking God to give me a pair of 3 ." the boy said.
The lady took 4 by the hand and went into the store. She asked the clerk to get a pair of socks for the boy. She then asked 5 the clerk could give her a basin (盆) of hot water and a towel (毛巾). The clerk quickly brought the things to her. She washed the boy's little feet and dried them with the towel. After that, the lady 6 the socks for the boy, and then bought him a pair of shoes. She patted (轻拍) him on the head and said, "My little boy, are you feeling more 7 now?"
As she turned to go, the boy 8 her by the hand suddenly. With tears in his eyes, he answered the question 9 these words, "Are you God's wife?" "No, I'm a mother." said the woman.
The boy was moved deeply by the 10 words.
1. A. looking through B. looking up C. looking for D. looking after
2. A. how B. when C. what D. where
3. A. shorts B. shoes C. glasses D. trousers
4. A. her B. she C. he D. him
5. A. unless B. but C. if D. though
6. A. put on B. took off C. wore D. dressed
7. A. better B. worse C. surprised D. comfortable
8. A. gave B. caught C. told D. helped
9. A. with B. to C. at D. by
10. A. God's B. clerk's C. woman's D. God's wife's
8、“Where there is a will, there is a way.” Perhaps not many students can understand this _ 1 _ than 21-year-old Michael Ha. Because of his story of success, he _ 2 _ an example to many young people.
Michael Ha was born in a very poor family. His parents worked in Vietnam before they moved to Britain in 1980.They couldn’t find work in Britain _ 3 _ they spoke little English. The
whole family had to live on benefits (救济金) and they lived in 4 _ small house in Hackney, a poor area in East London. Growing up was not easy for Michael, but he never gave up.
_ 5 _ the age of 10, he set his heart on going to Cambridge University. It was not easy, either. Michael studied at a school, which used to 6 _ “the worst school in Britain”． However, young Michael made up his mind to try
_ 7 _ best, no matter what kind of school he was studying at. The smart boy studied very _ 8 _ and did well in every subject at school. Once he made a bet (打赌) with his friend _ 9 _ further
math. As a result, after spending just four months teaching himself from a textbook, he got an A in AS-level further math.
Now Michael is the star medical student at St.John’s College, Cambridge and has just won an award for his excellent grades. He hopes _ 10 _ he will be an inspiration for other young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
1. A. good B. better C. bad D. worse
2. A. become B. has become C. became D. becomes
3. A. because B. since C. when D. though
4. A. a B. an C. the D. /
5. A. At B. In C. By D. Through
6. A. called B. be called C. call D. calling
7. A. him B. he C. himself D. his
8. A. hard B. hardly C. harder D. hardest
9. A. to learn B. learning C. learned D. learns
10. A. What B. which C. that D. how
（二）1．C 2．B 3．C 4．D 5．D
6．A 7．B 8．B 9．A 10．C
11．B 12．B 13．D 14．C 15．A
（三）1A 2A 3B 4D 5C 6A 7B 8C 9B 10D
（四）1～5 C D A D B 6～10 C B D B A
1. B 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意为：他拉小提琴，许多人把________放进他前面的帽子里。paper纸；money钱；tickets票；food食品。根据“a poor young man”及常识可知，这个年轻人很穷，大家应该是往他帽子里放钱。故选B。
2. A 【解析】考查宾语从句的引导词辨析。句意为：但与他过去所做的不同的是，他拿出一张大纸，上面写着一些字，并把它放在了地上。what什么；who谁；which哪一个，哪些；where在哪里。分析句子结构可知，from是一个介词，其后是一个宾语从句。宾语从句中的动词did后缺宾语，因此应该选择一个能作宾语的连接词。能与did搭配的有what或which，但是本句不表选择，故选what，指他所做的事情。故选A。
3. C 【解析】考查介词词义辨析。句意为：昨晚，一位桑女士误把一件重要的东西放进我的帽子里。in在……里面；with和……在一起，带有，使用；by(表示方式)乘(交通工具)；through以，凭借，穿过。by mistake为固定搭配，意为“错误地”。故选C。
4. A 【解析】考查冠词的用法。句意为：大约一个小时后，________中年女子急忙跑去对年轻人说……a/an表泛指，意为“一个”，指事物的某一类或某一个。a用在以辅音音素开头的可数名词单数前；an用在以元音音素开头的可数名词单数前；the表特指，指确定的人或事物，也可用于序数词、西洋乐器和世界上独一无二的事物前。零冠词有特殊的用法，如用在三餐、球类等名词前。根据句意可知，这位中年妇女在文中第一次出现，表示泛指，这里应该使用不定冠词。由于“middle?aged”是以辅音音素开头的单词。故选A。
5. B 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意为：他们交谈了一番，这个年轻人确定她就是那张彩票的________。role作用，职能，角色；owner主人，物主；cover覆盖物，盖子；back背部。根据下句“Then he took out the lottery ticket and gave it to the woman.”可知此处指他确定她是彩票的主人。故选B。
6. B 【解析】考查动词词义辨析。句意为：昨天，当她________他买的彩票中奖的时候，她非常高兴。advised劝告，建议；heard听到，听见；doubted怀疑；decided决定。根据“she was very happy”可知，应该是她知道她丈夫买的彩票中奖了。故选B。
7. A 【解析】考查名词词义辨析。句意为：彩票的________是50万美金。prize奖，奖品，奖金；color颜色；size大小，尺寸；weight重量。根据“500，000 dollars”可知此处指奖金。故选A。
8. C 【解析】考查however的用法。句意为：________，彩票也被扔进来了。Wherever无论哪里；Whoever无论谁；However然而，无论怎样；Whenever无论何时。联系上句“When she walked past the young man, she took out 50 dollars and put it in the hat.”可知，当她从年轻人身边走过时，她拿出50美元放在帽子里。她应该没有想到把彩票也放了进去。所以，“However”用在此处符合语境，表示与上句是转折关系。故选C。
9. B 【解析】考查反身代词词义辨析。句意为：你为什么不________把彩票的奖金拿走呢？myself我自己；yourself你(们)自己；herself她自己；himself他自己。本句主语是“you”，应该使用反身代词“yourself”。故选B。
10. D 【解析】考查形容词及副词的混合辨析。句意为：我没有很多钱，但是我过得很________。lonely寂寞的，孤独的；sadly难过地；badly坏地，严重地；happily高兴地，幸福地。从“but”可知，句子的前后是转折关系。因此，happily用在此处符合语境，指没有钱但过得开心。故选D。
（六）1-5 BACAA 6-10 CDBCA
1. A 根据上文小男孩站在鞋店前，可知透过窗子往里看。look through朝里看；look up查询；look for寻找； look after照顾，照看。故选A。
2. C 根据句中的doing，可知询问小男孩在做什么。how询问怎么样；when询问什么时候；what什么事，做什么；where询问地点，故选C。
3. B 根据前文站在鞋店前，赤脚可知小男孩想要一双鞋。shorts短裤；shoes 鞋；glasses眼镜；trousers裤子。故选B。
4. D 根据上下文，可知此处代指小男孩，做动词took的宾语，故用he的宾格him，故选D。
5. C 根据本句句意，哪位妇人询问店员是否可以给她一盆热水和一块毛巾，可知此处用作宾语从句引导词，故用if，表示是否。Unless除非，如果不；but但是，表转折；if如果（引导条件从句），是否（作宾语从句引导词）；though（尽管），故选C。
6. A 根据上文，哪位妇人帮小男孩洗完双脚之后，帮助他穿上袜子，可知此处强调穿的动作，故用put on。故选A。
7. D 根据语境，可知哪位妇人询问小男孩现在的感觉，因为前面用more可知此处为多音节比较级，排除A和B，本身就是比较级，不能用more修饰。Surprised表示惊讶的，不符合句意，故用多音节词comfortable，此处表示更舒服，故选D。
8. B 根据小男孩对妇人说的话，可知小男孩以为遇到的上帝的妻子，故此处用catch的过去时caught，表示抓住。give给；tell告诉；help帮助。故选B。
9. A 根据句中有谓语动词，此处用with表示伴随状语。故选A。
10. C 根据上文"No, I'm a mother." said the woman.可知，小男孩被妇人的话深深打动了，故选C。
（八）【主旨大意】本文是一篇记叙文。主要讲述了家境贫寒的 Michael Ha 通过自己的 努力，最后获得成功的故事。他希望他能给其他背景不好的年轻人以鼓舞。
1. B【解析】考查形容词比较级的用法。句意：也许并不是所有的学生比 21 岁的 Michael Ha 能理解这句话。根据空格后的标志词“than”可知,此处要用比 较级。根据句意可知此处为更好的理解这句话，故选B。
2. B【解析】考查现在完成时。句意：因为他成功的故事,他已经成为了年轻人的 榜样。根据文章语境可知,他成为年轻人的榜样是在过去发生的事对现在的影响, 应用现在完成时。故选 B。
3. A【解析】考查从属连词的用法。句意：他们不能在英国找到工作, 他 们几乎不会说英语。根据句意可知,后句表示原因。故选A。
4. A【解析】考查冠词的用法。句意：……他们住在东伦贫民区 Hackney 的一个 小村庄。此处表示泛指，且 small 是以辅音音素开头的单词。故选 A。
5. A【解析】考查介词的固定搭配。句意：在十岁时,他下定决心要去剑桥大学。 at the age of...“在……岁时”，为固定短语。故选 A。
6. B【解析】考查被动语态的用法。句意：Michael 在过去被称为“英国最糟糕的 学校”学习。sb. used to do sth.“某人过去常常做某事”；主语“the school ”和“call” 之间为动宾关系,应用被动语态。故选B。
7. D【解析】考查形容词性物主代词的用法。句意：但是,年轻的 Michael 下定决 心要尽 最大的努力,无论他就读的学校是什么样。try one’s best“尽某人最 大的努力”，为固定短语。故选 D。
8. A【解析】考查副词的用法。句意：在学校这个聪明的男孩学习很 ,每科都 表现得很好。hard 努力的（地），形容词或副词，原级：harder，比较级：hardest 最高级;hardly 几乎不，频度副词。studied 为动词,其后应用副词修饰它。故选 A。 9. A【解析】考查动词不定式。句意：他曾经和朋友打赌,要更进一步地 数学。进一步学数学是目的,应用动词不定式。故选 A。
10. C【解析】考查宾语从句的引导词。句意：他希望他会成为其他有不利背景的 年轻人的一种激励。分析句子结构可知，hopes 后跟宾语从句，且引导词不作成 分。故选 C。