1. A bank is the place they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
A. when B. that C. where D. there
2. The days are gone physically strength was all you needed to make a living.
A. when B. that C. where D. which
3. volleyball is her main focus, she is also great at basketball.
A. Since B. Once C. Unless D. While
4. One Friday, we were packing to leave for a weekend away my daughter heard cries for help.
A. after B. while C. since D. when
5. —I don’t like vegetables, Mum.
— on a balanced diet, you should try to cat some.
A. Keep B. To keep C. Keeping D. Having kept
6. Unless to speak, you should remain silent at the conference.
A. invited B. inviting C. being invited D. having invited
7.—I hear you in a pub. What’s it like
—Well, it’s very hard work and I’m always tired, but I don’t mind.