I. Listening Comprehension
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. It is satisfactory. B. It is luxurious.
C. It is old-fashioned. D. It is disappointing.
2. A. On August 5th. B. On August 6th. C. On August 7th. D. On August 8th.
3. A. A waiter. B. A butcher. C. A porter. D. A farmer.
4. A. In a theatre. B. In a library. C. In a booking office. D. In a furniture store.
5. A. She expected to a better show. B. She could hardly find her seat.
C. She wasn’t interested in the show. D. She didn’t get a favourable seat.