1. repeated, repeatedly (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) 2.detail, detailed 3.recognize, recognition
4. apologize, apology 5. Intend, intention 6. respond, response
7. secure, security 8. benefit, beneficial 9. exist, existence
10. center, central 11. challenge,challenging 21世纪教育网版权所有
12. compete, competition,competitive, competitor
13. regular, regularly, regulation, irregular
14. admire, admiration, admirable
15. true, truly, truth 16. tolerate, tolerance, tolerant
17. receive, reception, (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)receptionist 18.consume, consumption, consumer
19.employ,employer, employee, employment, unemployment21教育网
20. fortune, fortunate, fortunately, unfortunately, misfortune21cnjy.com
21. embarrassed (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)22. unlikely 23. accuracy 24. blame 25. awarded
26. tendency 27 (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?). enable 28. considerable 29. relief 30. exposure
完形(30分)：1-5：CCDDA 6-10CDBDA 11-15：CBBCD 16-20AADCD
阅读(26分)：21 -24 DACD 25 -28 DCAB 29-33 FAGED
1 respected (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) 2 where 3 was/were faced 4 viewers 5 to win
6 her 7 that 8 living 9 On 10 the
1 them---which 2 because---if 3 删去it 4 in---to
5 why---how 6 good前加a 7 newspaper---newspapers
8 live---living或live前 (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)加who 9 It---There 10 benefit---beneficial
21世纪教育网 www.21cnjy.com 精品试卷·第 2 页 （共 2 页）
2.______________n. 细节 _____________adj.详细的
3. _____________vt.辨认出，承认 _____________n．辨认；认出
6._____________ vi.回答；响应；做出反应 _____________ n．回答；反应
7._____________ adj.安全的；可靠的. _____________ n．安全
8._____________ n.利益 vt.&vi.有益于；有助于 _____________ adj.有益的
9._____________ vi.存在；生存 _____________ n．存在
10._____________ n．中 (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)心 _____________ adj.中心的；中央的→
11._____________ n．挑战 vt.向……挑战 _____________adj.挑战性的
12._____________ vi.比赛 _____________n.竞争
13._____________adj.规则的,定期的,常规的 _____________ adv.经常地；规则地
15. _____________ adj.真实的_____________ adv.真诚地；真正地_____________ n．真理
16._____________ vt.容忍,忍受 _____________n．容忍;宽容_____________ adj.忍让的;容忍的
17.____________ vt.接待 _____________n.接待 _____________n．接待员
18. _____________vt.消费 _____________ n.消费 _____________ n.消费者
19._____________vt.雇用； (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)利用(时间、精力等)_____________n．雇主_____________ n．雇员；_____________n．雇用；使用；就业 _____________n．失业；2·1·c·n·j·y
20._____________ n．幸运；财富_____________ adj.幸运的；吉利的_____________adv.幸运地_____________adv.不幸地 _____________n..不幸【来源：21·世纪·教育·网】
21. Their children’ (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)s poor behavior made them ___________(尴尬的) in front of their relatives. As a result, they soon left and headed home. 21·世纪*教育网
22. Mary fully realiz (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ed that what she had dreamed of was ________(不可能的) to happen in real life.
23. We cannot guarantee the __________(准确性) of these figures. 2-1-c-n-j-y
24. The captain was to _________(对...负责) after the shipwreck.【来源：21cnj*y.co*m】
25. The strangest hon (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)or the tennis player was _________(授予) with is a cow.【版权所有：21教育】
26. There is (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)a growing _________(tend) for people to work at home instead of in office.
27. The extra-curric (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ular activities organized by our school ________(able) the students to broaden their horizon on various matter. 21*cnjy*com
28. Reading is a (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) slow and personal progress, requiring _________(consider) time and effort.
29. To our _________(relieve), he gradually recovered from the operation.
30. The doctor (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)warned Jenny that too much ________ (expose)to the sun might lead to skin cancer.
A woman professor wa (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)lked around in a classroom while she was teaching stress management to her students. As she 1 a glass of water, everyone 2 they would be asked the “half-empty or half-full” question.
3 , with (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)a smile on her face, she asked, “How? 4 is this glass of water?”
Answers called out? 5 from eight to twenty ounces(盎司).
She quieted the stude (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)nts down and then replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t? 6 . It all depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a? 7 . If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my? 8 . If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel? 9 and paralyzed. In each case, the? 10 of the glass of water doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. Do you know why?”
All the students kept silent and listened carefully, lost in thought.
She continued, (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) “Our? 11 and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and? 12 happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to? 13 . And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed—? 14 to do anything.”
It’s important to r (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)emember to? 15 your stresses. As early in the evening as possible, put all your? 16 down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!
More often than no (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)t life gets terrible? 17 we think too much. And the moment you remove your burden, you’ll find yourself feeling so much more? 18 .
So rather than mopin (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)g around(闲逛）and feeling sorry for yourself,? 19 doing something about it. After all, life is too short to? 20 yourself to anything that’s not making you happy.
1. A. drank B. served C. raised D. demanded
2. A. argued B. wondered C. expected D. agreed
3. A. Meanwhile B. Therefore C. Anyhow D. Instead
4. A. much B. full C. little D. heavy
5. A. ranged B. replied C. read D. remained
6. A. affect B. drop C. matter D. work21教育网
7. A. success B. point C. skill D. problem
8. A. hand B. arm C. neck D. back
9. A. steady B. sensitive C. nervous D. numb
10. A. weight B. shape C. function D. size
11. A. surprises B. joys C. stresses D. doubts
12. A. everything B. nothing C. anything D. something
13. A. improve B. hurt C. change D. adjust
14. A. uncertain B. afraid C. unable D. available
15. A. catch (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)up with B. take charge of C. put up with D. let go of
16. A. burdens B. thoughts C. hardships D. feelings
17. A. when B. till C. unless D. though
18. A. excited B. worried C. satisfied D. relaxed
19. A. keep B. finish C. start D. risk
20. A. help B. commit C. throw D. abandon
While Jennifer was at (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)home taking an online exam for her business law class, a monitor a few hundred miles away was watching her every?move.21·cn·jy·com
Using a web camera (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) equipped in Jennifer’s Los Angeles apartment, the monitor in Phoenix tracked how frequently her eyes moved from the computer screen and listened for the secret sounds of a possible helper in the room. Her Internet access was locked－remotely－to prevent Internet searches, and her typing style was analyzed to make sure she was who she said she was: Did she enter her student number at the same speed as she had in the past? Or was she slowing down?
In the battle aga (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)inst cheating, this is the?cutting edge?and a key to encourage honesty in the booming field of online education. The technology gives trust to the entire system，to the institution and to online education in general. Only with solid measures against cheating, experts say, can Internet universities show that their exams and diplomas are valid—that students haven’t just searched the Internet to get the right answers.
Although online (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) classes have existed for more than a decade, the concern over cheating has become sharper in the last year with the growth of “open online courses.” Private colleges, public universities and corporations are jumping into the online education field, spending millions of dollars to attract potential students, while also taking steps to help guarantee honesty at a distance.
Aside from the web ca (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)meras, a number of other high-tech methods are becoming increasingly popular. Among them are programs that check students’ identities using personal information, such as the telephone numbers they once used.
Other programs can (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) produce unique exams by drawing on a large list of questions and can recognize possible cheaters by analyzing whether difficult test questions are answered at the same speed as easy ones. As in many university classes, term papers are scanned against some large Internet data banks for cheating.
21. Why was Jennifer watched in an online exam?
A. To correct her typ (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ing mistakes. B. To find her secrets in the room.
C. To prevent (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)her from slowing down. D. To keep her from dishonest behaviors.
22. The underlined e (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)xpression cutting edge in Paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to________.
A. advanced technique B. sharpening tool
C. effective rule D. dividing line
23. Some programs can find out possible cheaters by________.
A. producing (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) a large number of questions B. scanning the Internet test questions
C. checking the qu (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)estion answering speed D. giving difficult test questions
24. The author of this passage wants to tell us______.
A. what the In (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ternet education is B. the importance of the who camera today
C. when the (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) students can cheat D. how to beat students exam cheating online
All Alice Water (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)s wanted was bread, jam and lettuce that tasted real, with a cup of good coffee or a glass of wine on the side. The founder of Chez Panisse, the California restaurant famous for launching the farm-to-table movement, certainly didn’t plan to start a revolution.
Returning to the U (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)nited States in 1965 after studying in France, Waters missed the delicious food and community of the little cafes where she spent most of her time. “The United States was a land of frozen food, so eating even just fresh bread and jam was an extremely pleasant surprise to me,” says Waters. “And spending time in restaurants with friends… it was very important to me.”
One day, an id (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ea struck Waters that maybe her cooking and sense of community could help her make some money. Believing they could do anything, she and a group of friends raised money, found a house in Berkeley and opened a little restaurant called Chez Panisse in 1971.
Most ingredients Wate (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)rs could find were from industrial farms. They tasted totally different from the ones her parents planted during World War II and the ones she had enjoyed in France. Thus she began a search for suppliers who would grow good ingredients.
“I was lookin (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)g for taste. And I couldn’t find taste until I met the local organic farmers who were growing vegetables for flavor,” Waters recalls. “I realized that I would be dependent on them for the success of my restaurant.”
At first, the finances (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) were a disaster. If any of the ingredients didn’t taste right, chefs threw them out. Staff had to taste the wine to sell it. That meant thousands of dollars of wine disappeared on a regular basis. People who offered ingredients were given meals in trade.
But Chez Pan (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)isse had lines out of the front door from the very first night. Waters’ sense of taste and her dedication to making the best food possible kept people coming back. It didn’t take long for Chez Panisse to catch the attention of foodies (“吃货”). Throughout its existence, the restaurant has earned the highest praise of many critics. It has sometimes been called the best restaurant in America.
Now 72, Waters is no (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)t content with staying at home and cooking in her kitchen. Last September, she flew to Washington D. C., to meet members of Congress to discuss the benefits of free lunch for all schoolchildren.www-2-1-cnjy-com
Many people have ca (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)lled Waters unrealistic over the course of her 45-year fight for good food. Nevertheless, her single-mindedness ended up sparking a farm-to-table movement. “She didn’t start Chez Panisse to change the world,” said Marion Nestle, a New York University nutrition professor. “But what she did was absolutely revolutionary. She’s a force and deserves every bit of recognition that comes her way.”
25. Alice Waters started Chez Panisse in order to .
A. launch a farm-to-table revolution
B. allow all schoolchildren in the United States to have free lunch
C. support the local organic farmers
D. bring France’s (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)style of cooking and sense of community to her home country
26. In the ear (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ly days of Chez Panisse, finances were a big problem because .
A. some customers refused to pay for their meals
B. organic vegetables were very expensive
C. Waters put huge emphasis on good food and ingredients
D. the housing rent in Berkeley was very high
27. According (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) to the article，Chez Panisse’s success can be attributed to .
① the great (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)flavor of its dishes ② the ideal location of the restaurant
③ the huge effort W (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)aters put into her cause ④ support from multiple foodies
A.①③ B.②④ C.①④ D.②③
28. What would be the best title for the passage?
A. The Secret of Catering Revolution B. The Power of Farm-To-Table
C. The Recipe fo (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)r Successful Business D. The Movement of Organic Food
Everyone complai (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ns. Even if you argue that you are the happiest person in the world you still complain sometimes. Sometimes you complain without even realizing it, but rarely is it ever helpful. 29 Here are some tips to stop complaining and give up the negative thoughts:
When you find your (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)self thinking or saying a negative comment about something or someone, stop and force yourself to say something positive instead. Seek the help of a cheerful friend to change you when you complain and help you to see the positive in the situation【出处：21教育名师】
?Make a list of things we are grateful for.
? We often compla (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)in about the things we don't have without noticing those things we already have Be grateful for what we have in our life because we are lucky simply for being ourselves. 31
?Learn to adapt to the changes.
??? There are man (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)y things we can't change. 32 Always find the positive side of each situation regardless of however difficult the situation is. With parents' and friends' support we can?survive any life changes21世纪教育网版权所有
?Allow yourself to vent（发泄）your feelings every once in a while.www.21-cn-jy.com
Constantly ignored ne (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)gative thoughts could add up If you are really going through a rough time don't be afraid to share your feelings with a close friend or family member or see a therapist
Find what makes you happy.
33 Maybe it i (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)s time to make the hard decision to move on to another job or career. Uncover what your biggest complaints are about and see if you can change the situation to make you happy. Choose happiness, focus on the positive and be kind always!
A. Change the way you think
??? B. Make positive people friends
??? C. Sometimes this list can be easy full of hobbies you enjoy
??? D. Are you constantly complaining about your present job?
??? E. The best and only thing we can do is to accept them
F. So how can you manage to force yourselves to end complaining?
G?.Set down things we (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)are thankful for and we'll see that we don't have any reason to complain.
34. Behave yourself! (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) It takes a long time to ________ a good fame, but it collapses quickly just because of one piece of bad behavior.
A. put up B. set up C. build up D. bring up
35. Hard as he might tr (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)y, hardly could he _______ this amount of work in such a short period of time.
A. get through (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) B. pull through C. run through D. go through
36. ____________ the (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) famine victims, I appeal to everyone present to give a helping hand to them.
A. On behalf of B. On occasion of C. On account of D. On the spot of
37. The designer spen (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)t the whole afternoon searching the market for a necklace to _________ her wedding gown. 21cnjy.com
A. fit in B. be suitable for C. match D. go after 21教育名师原创作品
38. The various applic (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ations of the invention will be discussed _______ later.
A. in common B. in general C. in detail D. in person
五、语法填空 （共10小题；每小题1.5分，满分15分） （2020届东莞中学高三英语模拟试题）
Owing to her central (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)role in the success of the Chinese women's volleyball team in the 1980s, Lang Ping is seen as a cultural icon and is one of the most 1 (respect) people in modern Chinese sports history. 21*cnjy*com
? She became (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) the coach of the US National Team in 2005. Lang guided the team to the 2008 Olympics, 2 the US team 3 (face) with Chinese team in her home country. The US team defeated China 3-2. The match drew 250 million television 4 _ (view) in China alone. The team went on 5 (win) the silver medal, losing to Brazil in the finals 3-1. Lang allowed 6 __ contract (合同) to run out later that year, saying 7 _ she wanted to coach a club so as to spend more time with her family. She maintains Chinese citizenship though 8 (live) in the U.S for more than 15 years. She is now th (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)e head coach of the?Chinese women's national volleyball team, which won the World Championship in Japan in 2015. 9 _ August 21, 2016, she guided the Chinese national team to the gold medal at 2016 Rio Olympics, 12 years after the team last captured 10 same medal at 2004 Athens Olympic Games, and 32 years from the 1984 Los Angeles Games.
I think that peo (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)ple should spend more time reading. Reading has a lot of advantages, one of them is that it helps you develop reading skills. You have to read because you want to become a good reader. In other words, the more you read, the better you get it at reading.
Second, it helps (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)develop a good vocabulary. Reading exposes you in new words, and you see why those words are used.
Third, reading (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?)helps you develop good writing skills. If you read a lot, it will help you become good writer.
Finally, you can learn (?http:?/??/?www.21cnjy.com?) a lot from reading. You learn about current events from reading newspaper. A novel that is set in another country will help you learn about that country and the people live there. It is no limit to what you can learn.
All this makes reading a benefit activity.
21世纪教育网 www.21cnjy.com 精品试卷·第 2 页 （共 2 页）