31. — I fell down and hurt my leg just now.
A. Be careful B. It doesn’t matter
C. I’m sorry to hear that D. Nothing serious
32. Jack was quite sad about the exam. I went to his home to cheer ________up.
A. me B. her C. him D. them
33. If you can value what you have and do something to help others, you will find your life is full of________.
A. anger B. pleasure C. trouble D. difficulty
34. My father is________. He always tells some funny stories.
A. handsome B. strict C. humorous D. careful
35. —What kind of music do you like
—Well, I like soft music. It ________ nice.
A. tastes B. looks C. smells D. sounds
36. It was so quiet in the room. ________, I heard a strong sound from outside.
A. Finally B. Suddenly
C. Secondly D. Luckily
37. When I was a child, I often ________football with my best friend.
A. played B. play
C. have played D. was playing
38. Remember to keep in touch with your teachers and classmates ________ graduation.
A. after B. before C. during D. when
39. Do you know ________yesterday I want to know the reason.
A. why did he leave B. how he left
C. why he left D. how did he leave
40. You may do it by yourself, ________ask someone else for help.
A. but B. and C. so D. or
41. —Why are you so sleepy
—We ________to finish the work on time, so we went to bed too late.
A. asked B. were asked
C. was asked D. had been asked
42. —Most teenagers ________ the heroes and usually follow them to behave.
—I think they should hold a right opinion. To be oneself is also important.
A. look forward to B. look up to
C. get along with D. get on well with