Unit 4 Astronomy
.1. The origin of life on earth is a question that interests astronomers. What do you know about it
How old is the universe (several billion years ago)
How old is the Earth (between 4.5 and 3.8 million years ago)
Which were the first creatures or plants on Earth
2. Each religion and culture has its own ideas about how life began on earth. What do you know
In China, we all know that Pangu separates the sky from the earth.
1. What do we mean when we say we are studying a subject scientifically Or what’s the correct attitude towards science
We should be objective, not superstitious.
2. What’s the correct way to prove a scientific idea
We should design experiments to test it for several times.
Then we can analyze the results and draw a conclusion at last.
3. What are the most important skills we need to be real scientists
Careful, objective and logical, draw conclusions from the experiments and not impose conclusions on the data.
辽宁省抚顺市第十二中学高中英语 unit 4 astronomy导学案1（无答案）新人教版必修3.doc
人教新课标英语book3 unit4 language points （共36张ppt）:36张PPTLanguage points
Unit 4 Reading I
1. However, according to a widely accepted theory, the universe began with a “Big Bang” that threw matter in all directions.
to begin with和 to start with：两个词组都有“以……开始”的意思.
人教新课标英语book3 unit4 language points （共36张ppt）.ppt
人教课标必修3unit 4 astronomy the science of the stars reading 课件（共28张ppt）:28张PPTUnit 4
the science of the stars
The Solar system
The solar system is made up of the sun and the objects that orbit(绕...轨道而行)it. These include the eight plants----
人教课标必修3unit 4 astronomy the science of the stars reading 课件（共28张ppt）.ppt
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》period 3（34张）:34张PPT
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》period 2（30张）:30张PPT
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》period 1（31张）:31张PPT
__________ the scientific study of treatment of diseases and injures
__________ the study of the chemistry of living things
_________ the scientific study of the earth’s atmosphere, oceans and climate
__________ the scientific study of objects in space, such as planets, stars, comets and “black holes”
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》3个课件
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》period 1（31张）.ppt
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》period 2（30张）.ppt
人教版高中英语必修三《Unit 4 Astronomy the science of the stars》period 3（34张）.ppt
Unit4 Astronomy: the science of the stars单元练习
1. Where does the conversation probably take place
A. In a library. B. In a restaurant. C. In a ticket office.
2016人教新课标版英语必修三unit4 astronomy- the science of the stars单元练习.docx
Learning Objectives (学习目标)
1. To get the key information and the details of the text.
2. To learn about the development of the earth and life on the earth.
3. To learn to use important words, expressions and sentences in the text.
4. To be able to talk or write using the expressions and information from the text.
5. To raise the awareness of protecting the earth.
Step 1 Leading-in
By doing a small quiz:
(1). What’s the Earth’s true shape Sphere(球体) Flat Oblate spheroid (扁球形体)
Unit 4 Astronomy: the science of the stars
How life began on earth
With the teacher’s instructions and guidance, students are expected to:
1. Find the main idea； explain how the life began on the earth； use
2. Try skimming and scanning skills； list ideas and major details；
3. Cooperate with each other； adjust reading methods according to tasks； use previous knowledge
4. Appreciate the style of the passage； be eager to explore and express
5. Learn more about the knowledge of the astronomy
人教版高一英语必修三 unit 4 主语从句（课件）（共23张ppt）:23张PPT主语从句
3. To find your way can be a problem.
What part does the underlined part serve as in each sentence
2. Smoking is bad for you.
1. You are a student.
4. “How do you do” is a greeting.
人教版高一英语必修三 unit 4 主语从句（课件）（共23张ppt）.ppt
浙江省诸暨市牌头中学2016届高考英语专题复习课件：how life began on the earth 2016 （共76张ppt）:76张PPT我想知道你们是否介意帮我翻译几句句子？
When watching the video, what are you thinking about
浙江省诸暨市牌头中学2016届高考英语专题复习课件：how life began on the earth 2016 （共76张ppt）.ppt
1. ___________n. 天文学
→ ________ n. 宇航员
2. _______ n. 系统；体系；制度
3. _______ n. 宗教；宗教信仰
→ _______ adj. 宗教上的；信奉宗教的；虔诚的
4. ______ n. 学说；理论
5. ______n. 球体；地球仪；地球
→ ______adj. 全球性的；全世界的
6. _______adj. 猛烈的；激烈的；强暴的
→ _______ n. 暴力；激烈；猛烈
→ _______ adv. 暴力地；猛烈地
7. ___________ n. 大气层；气氛
Environmentalists said our planet was doomed to die. Now one man says they are wrong.
"Everyone knows the planet is in bad shape," thundered a magazine article last year. Species are being driven to die out at record rates, and the rivers are so poisonous that fish are floating on the surface, dead.
But there’s a growing belief that what everyone takes for granted is wrong: things are actually getting better. A new book is about to overturn our most basic assumptions about the world’s environment. Rivers, seas, rain and the atmosphere are all getting cleaner. The total amount of forests in the world is not declining. The Skeptical Environmentalist by Bjorn Lomborg, professor of statistics at the University of Aarhus in Denmark, is an attack on the misleading claims of environmental groups, and the "bad news" culture that makes people believe eve